venerdì 1 giugno 2018

QR Codes

Two years ago I came across QR Codes used in education.  The tutor, a Turkish teacher of English, was working in  a Mooc and explained  how we could use them in education since our students are today equipped with mobile phones and use technology in almost every activity they do. She said that she had used them with her university students. The Mooc was focussed on practical ideas and tips about  how to use  QR Codes.

 I did not do the Mooc, I just watched some videos online since I was busy online with other  courses  but I saw some webinars where educators used them in the next months . I realized that QR Codes can help us in education and also in teaching languages since we can provide links and any task we want just by using a simple bar code. I was  surprised and felt that I needed to learn more about them.

Here is the Live Binder created by a great educator Steven V. Anderson: he has provided most of the links to the software and also some  ideas  about how to use them.

Click here to open this binder in a new window.



Nick Peachey has explained about QR Code Genarator in the video  and it is  a clear explanation of how we can use this simple tool in education.

 

The next step is to try to use QR codes with my students. Since they depend on their smartphones it will not be too difficult.  I might  try them next year and hope they will work better.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento